So here is a little recap of my week and previous weekend since I last blogged.
Last Friday: Did homework all day. I was still playing catch up and had a few more midterms and such.
Last Saturday: I got up and shopped literally ALL day! It was great! I went to the San Lorenzo Markets and picked up souvenirs for all my friends, got myself a new satchel, a belt, a scarf, and that was it for the market. However, I then set out to find boots ya know? Well I literally got everything but boots. The problem with the boots is, I want high ones buuuttttt they can’t zip over my “man calves.” BOO! So still on the hunt for those. So instead of the boots I managed to buy two pairs of pants, two dresses, a nice sweater, two bracelets, and a few more souvenirs. So after this great day of shopping I emailed my mom to tell her how successful it all was. She then emailed me back and said “HAHAH omg, that’s why Wells Fargo called the house at 5am this am, they thought there were fraudulent charges to your account!!” Nope, I can reassure you……no fraud here. That was just me shopping, literally like its my job. They like put a hold on my debit card, I had to call them and sort the whole thing out. Embarrassing.
Last Sunday: Slept in, grabbed some dinner, and went to Mass.
Monday: Just normal school day. Nothing special. Skype called my sister, which made me happy to catch up for a bit. She’s all better and out of the hospital now, very thankful for that! :)
Tuesday: Normal school day. I had my Finance midterm on Wednesday so I stayed in to study for it. ALL of Gallo went out….but no…. not me….because I had to study for the midterm. After dinner I had another embarrassing moment. Everyone in Gallo was standing outside of the door to my room all ready to go….to what I thought, was the library. They were outside my door someone said, “Wait, who are we waiting for?!” I in my room and I shouted back, “Oh me, hang on, one second! Let me grab my bag.” So I grabbed my bag and then stepped outside my door. Then someone was like, “Wait you’re coming?” I said, “Yeah! Gotta finish up that studying in the library”…..(thinking they were all going to the library). Then all at the same time everyone began to bust out laughing… not with me….but at me. They were all going to the store to by alcohol, not the lib. I then stood in my doorway (I apparently turned bright red) and I was like “Oooohhhhhhh righhhttttt, it’s a Tuesday.” I then stepped backwards into my room an pretended to close the door. Hahah, Zoops. It was pretty funny. I was 100% sure that the party was goin’ on in the library!
Wednesday: So remember that midterm I had on Wednesday? Remember how I didn’t go out because I needed to study? Remember how all of Gallo went out without me? Oh well get this, my teacher thought she was giving me the midterm on Thursday NOT Wednesday! It’s the really nice prego one professor and she like claimed she had “forgotten” because she’s just got “so many appointments for the baby” blah, blah, blah. Excuses, excuses. Hahaha just kidding. I understand. I was totally fine with taking it Thursday, but slightly disappointed because I was real prepared and ready to kill it that day! Oh I was also looking forward to Wednesday ALL week because it’s dinner with my English for Pasta family! The dinner with them this week was absolutely out of this world! I seriously LOVE the parents and their daughter, they are such a great family! The Dad works in publishing and photo lay out kind of stuff. So he gave Kara and I these beautiful, MASSIVE coffee table books. We each got one. I think it was something he just worked on. Its all about Da Vinci and his art work and life....and it’s in English! Our dinner that night was centered around fresh olive oil. It’s in season now and they just had harvest. So we had the most legit, authentic olive oil. It was sooooo yummy! we had like bruschetta and just different veggies drenched in oil and salt. soooooo muuuuuccchhhhh oil! I also had way too much garlic. They had it sitting on the table for us to add it to whatever we wanted. I love garlic, and I went overboard. I should have learned by now because this is not the first time I have done this same kinda thing before. I am writing this on Friday and I still feel a little bit garlicy, its stuck with me feerrr daayyysss. Not cute. Dinner with them is always great, but we always get back so late! It doesn’t even feel like we are there for that long, I think its just that we enjoy going and the time there flies!
Thursday: I took the Finance midterm (finally) and I think I did really well! Glad it was finally over and done with Surprisingly, for making up all these midterms late and what not…on the ones I have gotten back I’ve gotten A’s. That’s alright by me! After lunch I went back to school for a bit, worked on picking my classes for next Spring. I’M. SO. NERVOUS. Everyone says that school at LMU right now is SO tough, not ready for that transition yet! Its gonna be a tough semester academically once I’m back eek! Oh and I got a Vice-President postion in my sorority, which I am so excited about. I just found out I got it on Monday. We have 6 “VPs” (as we call them) I am VP of Finance. It’s a big jub, but I am looking forward to it. After being in the lib for a bit, I came back to Gallo and then got ready to go to dinner with my friend Ali (from JSHS) for dinner by her apartment. We tried a brand new pizza place that just opened. It was yummy! Then we went to her apartment and hung out for a little bit. Then she came back to Gallo with me. We went out that night with all of Gallo and had a great time. I was so glad Ali came and had fun, and got the chance to meet most of the people I live with! She stayed the night in Gallo and then took off for Pisa Friday morning.
Friday: Got up. Went to the Oil Shop for lunch, AKA my obsession! It was delicious as usual. I’ve been real into the food not from Gallo lately. I am so burnt out on the pasta its not even funny. Things are also starting to get real weird with our second courses at Lunch and Dinner. We honestly haven’t eaten the same things twice…which is cool, but also starting to get weird. Like one day we had a Tuna Patty…..ummm vom. (“vom” is the abbreviated word for vomit.) No one liked it. There’s been a few other dishes lately that are just clear misses. It’s whatever. After lunch, I went to school and cranked out all my homework. For dinner I went with my roommate Nancy and we walked around and split a sandwich and I got my pumpkin gelato, again! So yummy! Now I am writing all this and getting ready to go take a day trip with Nancy to Milan tomorrow! So excited! I will be sure to blog about that once I am back!
You have seen so much and many major cities...Milano next! More than just a cookie.
ReplyDelete