So I arrived in Berlin on September 5th and things have for sure been go, go, go since the moment we arrived!
The flight from SFO to Frankfurt wasn't that bad actually! I was absolutely dreading it and thinking I might get sick or something, but it turned out to be OK. I was on the isle and next to a really nice couple from Sacramento that were like in their 50s and they were doing a Rick Steve's tour of Italy. The wife was super sweet and chatty but not overly chatty and annoying, ya know? Just like sweet and would check on me and stuff. She even shared her candy with me wooo! I took the Ambien but idk if it really worked slash once I got to the hotel and had a chance to nap I had 2 scary dreams....so side note: Ambien gives nightmares?? probably. On the plane I watched Mod Fam, 30 Rock, a documentary on Oktoberfest (just to see what I am in for and the history of it all), and the movie Something Borrowed.
Then we arrived in Frankfurt and had 1.5 hours to get on our flight to Berlin which felt like it was only about 5 mins of a layover because it took us a while to get off our SFO flight and then the Frankfurt airport is one of the 10 largest in the world (I learned that from one of the videos on Lufthansa ;)) and we (when I say we, at this point I have met up with about 6 other people in the GIF program so it was really nice to have a group of us all in the same boat together) were most likely on the polar opposite side AND we had to go through security one more time too. So we had to run to our gate but once we got there, there were many other GIF people already there waiting for the same flight. The flight from Frankfurt to Berlin was super short only like an hour and then we got our bags as soon as we got of the plane. The baggage claim was literally right there as we walked off. Then Ellen and I joined w/ 2 other girls and got a taxi to the hotel.
I then met my roomie for our stay in Berlin who is actually a gril from LMU. Then I napped for 3 hours and then showered and we had dinner in our hotel. Our hotel only has 60 students and the other has like 120. All of us LMUers are in my hotel except like 3 of them. Everyone is soooo nice which is great. And we are all just like eager to meet people and such. After dinner in the hotel literally all of the students went out after. We went to 2 bars it was a group of 12 of us. They were walking distance from the hotel. It was fine, I didn't really have the desire to go out (hah obvi not much has changed ;)) but I'm for sure getting "FOMO" aka Fear Of Missing Out. I thought I really have nothing better to do aside from sleep so might as well go anyways! I was beyond EXHAUSTED and prob had only slept a total of 3 hours in a total of a 24hr period. It was a long day to say the least. It's been fun so far, but very tiring with all the traveling. I kinda want to just get to Florence so I can be settled and what not but that will come soon enough, so for now I will enjoy Germany!!
p.s. Sorry if there are typos and mistakes its almost 2am here so I'm a little burnt out ;)
p.p.s More to come soon about the other days I've spent here in Germany!
Travel's a curse...
ReplyDelete