Friday, September 2, 2011

TWO. DAYS.

Well it’s finally here!! I leave in two days to study abroad in Florence, Italy! Unreal. I cannot believe I am actually doing this (it still hasn’t really hit me yet). It’s even still hard for me to even believe that I am a JUNIOR in college. Weird.
I leave Sunday from SFO where my Mom, Dad, Cara, and Auntie will say bye to me….now que the usual water works that happen when I leave from the Southwest terminal for only like 3 weeks…….except this time its more than an hour long flight and its 3 months not 3 weeks, sooooo the water works are going to be x10 what they normally are.
I fly into Berlin because we have an Opening Tour with the Gonzaga program that is about 10 days long. So I don’t even get to Florence or start classes until September 14th. AKA longest summer ever and I am LOVING IT!!!!  On Opening Tour we will be in Berlin, Dresden, Nuremberg, Bad Kohlgrub, Salzburg, and Prague.
            I am VERY excited for this new adventure I am about to begin. I am very lucky and blessed to have this experience and I feel that it will change me in many ways. There are so many things I am going to miss like my family, my friends, everything and everyone at LMU, Mendo, being home, peanut butter, and my iphone ;) On the other hand there are SO many things I am getting from this experience that I wouldn’t have if I didn’t study abroad.
            I hope to keep this blog updated as much as possible that way I can stay in touch and so everyone can live vicariously through me ;) hahah just kidding, but seriously. Not sure how much I will be able to blog during Opening Tour because we will be traveling a bunch, but I will do my best. So be sure to check in from time to time and see what’s new. Love and miss you all.

Al

2 comments: