FOMO strikes again! Meaning, many people did end up going to Salzburg after all. Oh well, because I had the GREATEST day here! I SLEPT IN!! So refreshing. Then a group of us that did stay walked to lunch at the same Italian place we ate at yesterday (ya, it was that good we went back again). It was also perfect weather. Warm and sunny, but not too hot or too cold.
Then we got gelato (yep same as yesterday). We sat around for a bit after that before deciding to head up the hill. Lunch and gelato was slow and leisurely, and I was totally OK with that. We had nowhere to be or nothing else to do so it was really great to finally just be on our own pace for the day. We walked back up the hill and stopped halfway on a bench to enjoy the view for a while. So pretty. Today reminded me of being on Kairos (for those of you that don’t know, its basically a retreat.) Really peaceful.
Once we eventually got back to the hotel we sat outside on a swing for a while, and then went to the indoor pool where no one was and napped. It was all around a lazy day. What’s cool though, is I wasn’t bored at all. I don’t like being bored and even though we did nothing all day, I felt very content.
Dinner was great tonight. I had this chicken that I kid you not tasted EXACTLY like the chicken I get at Rutherford Grill. Mmm! A wittle taste of home! :) After dinner I did nothing, which is perfectly fine by me. Tomorrow is room lottery so hopefully that all goes well. Oh, be sure to check out the pics I posted on fb. I’ve got a few more albums that will go up soon. Its tough with the internet here because we can get 30 mins free each day and often everyone does it at the same time so it gets really bogged down and slow.
Tomorrow after room lottery is the day trip to the castle, which I’m SO excited for. Then after that we head to Florence…aka 8 hour bus ride. Eek!
Al
p.s. Found out today that the FIFA World Cup Bus cost 450,00 Euro aka about $625,000 aka that’s a reeeaaalllll nice bus!
See enough of Germany?
ReplyDelete